Wednesday, 5 September 2012

My first attempt at distress inks

Evening everyone! First and foremost please forgive me if the photos have disappeared, I'm having a little touble with my uploads!

 I have finally got round to uploading this card I made at the weekend. As a new blogger I find that at the moment I'm spending more time fiddling with the blog and less time crafting! This was my first attempt at colouring with Tim Holtz distress markers and I have to say that, having heard mixed reviews about them, I quite like them. I stamped the Magnolia image onto water colour card and used a mixture of distress ink markers and re-inkers. The face I coloured with my trusty copic pens.
 
 
The paper was from a Paper Cellar "Black and White" stack and the border across the middle was made using a Martha Stewart deep edge punch. The embossing was done with a "Garden Flowers" embossing folder.
 
 
The inside of the card was decorated to match the front, although I used the mini fanciful flourish die cuts to decorate the corners.
 

To finish it off the bow was decorated with glitter glue and the card was embellished with orange ribbon and flowers.
 
Thank you for taking the time to stop by. Toodle pips! Donna.x

 
 


1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL CARD THE IMAGE IS ADORABLE.SUZYD X

    ReplyDelete